We are looking for a Marketing Director who has supported sales efforts, has introduced ‘go to market’ strategies, and can ignite demand generation efforts. We’ve had a passive marketing approach but we lack a comprehensive strategy. It’s time to change that.
This is a role for someone who can integrate creative ideas, who has a creative mind, and has helped a brand transition through a growth process. You’ll challenge our thinking and help us see ourselves in a new light.
The Director of Sales and Marketing will report to the Chief Operating Officer and be responsible for building a team that executes on marketing strategies and drives aggressive demand generation.
Leadership and Management
- Team management including hiring, onboarding, engagement, development and retention.
- The role will be responsible for defining and executing strategies that deliver sales targets through marketing, introducing a lead generation plan supporting an aggressive sales pipeline.
- Performance management driving a comprehensive marketing and sales plan, incorporating strategy, execution, and analytics.
Go to Market Strategy Development and Execution
- Lead the overall development and execution of lead-based strategies focused on delivering pipeline generation.
- Incorporate activities that feed into the pipeline across content and email, display advertising, retargeting, SEO/SEM marketing, webinars, trade events, advertising, partnerships, etc.
- Lead the marketing plan process: including a situation analysis, competitive analysis, customer segmentation, audience analysis, key message development with differentiated positioning and value propositions.
- Develop, manage and maintain annual marketing expense budgets.
- Support the new business lead pipeline from a marketing and sales perspective.
- Own and attain key metrics including monthly, quarterly and annual lead and opportunity goals.
- Support sales teams on lead conversion and nurture strategies to drive pipeline activity.
- Measure and report on demand generation programs, performance and goal attainment.
- Drive creation of reporting and analytics insights into top level marketing dashboards across key performance indicators
- Ensure effective use of CRM system and tracking reports.
Education & Certification
- Bachelor's degree in business or marketing, an advanced degree, preferred
Knowledge & Experience
- You’re creative, curious, organized, dynamic, and you’ve done this before. You have a strong track record of developing and executing go to market strategies that have grown pipeline generation supporting aggressive sales targets.
- Proven success in growing and continuously improving a high-performing demand generation function. Manage all aspects of our website, inbound and outbound workflows, and digital marketing content.
- Expert level with marketing automation and other marketing technologies to drive business outcomes and drive lead generation.