Lynch Associates is a local Boston Lobbying firm working government relations and public affairs. We are seeking a highly organized and reliable Office Manager / Bookkeeper to join our government relations and public affairs firm. The office manager is someone who uses good judgment, takes initiative, attends to detail, works independently to meet established deadlines, has a positive attitude and is a valuable contributor to the entire team. The office manager role is for a proactive self-starter who needs little direction and management.
In this role, the office manager reports directly to the partners and is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of our organization. The role is part time of @12 to 24 hours per week.
Office Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in the onboarding process for new hires, including hiring paperwork, phones, email setup, computers, etc.
- Plans in-house and off-site activities such as fundraisers and events
- Manage schedules/calendars/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for five senior staff
- Bookkeeping duties include QuickBooks, support budgeting and financial procedures
- Assist with lobbying disclosures, registration and reporting.
- Candidate will coordinate weekly and monthly billing, and manage the employee payroll process including vacation and PTO.
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Manage client contracts
- Meeting with employee benefits vendors; discuss renewal changes; develop and report changes to the partners
- Must coordinate service calls to building facilities management and IT solutions
Office Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Proficient computer skills, including significant experience with QuickBooks & Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience reviewing proposals and providing cost impacts to management
- Experience maintaining vendor relationships
- Prior experience handling billing and payroll processes and procedures
- Experience in customer service, or a related field, with strong communication skills
- Highly organized multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
Location/Hours: Hours are flexible and range between 12-24 hours per week, and some telecommuting included.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.