Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Product Manager to join our Product team in our New York City office. Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City.
As a Product Manager in our HQ office, you’ll help build the systems that fuel our core care delivery and insurance platforms. You’ll develop new functionality for our members, providers, or internal teams, and you’ll coordinate cross-team agreement to launch our proprietary platform.
- Claims Operations and Analytics Platform: You’ll work on Oscar's proprietary claims processing system, scoping large system-wide frameworks and multi-stage products and coordinating across teams to create major launches of the Oscar platform, and building configurable and complex data analytics applications for our internal stakeholders.
- Clinical Data Platform: You’ll help develop our foundational clinical data infrastructure: scaling core integration processes that follow industry best practices, designing data models, and creating service layers to support feature-full care management applications which promote better experiences and outcomes for our members, providers and internal users.
You will report to our Senior Product Manager in the NYC office.
- Determine the business and user goals of your product area, creating process and system specifications for our operations, and working with internal partners to implement them.
- Create a road map for the designers and engineers you work with to rally around.
- Work with engineers, designers and other company partners to create specs and implement features.
- Make sure your features are on track and high-quality, and helping your team adjust them as needed.
- Create insights from data and user research to inform decisions, create insights, and measure success.
- Coordinate and organize work across multiple perspectives and functions within Oscar.
- Test and maintain the areas you’re responsible for to ensure seamless and uninterrupted operations.
- You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 2+ years.
- You know how to analyze and decompose a complex system, and how to communicate that complexity simply and cleanly.
- You can look at a problem and create a solution all the way from top-level goals to operational details.
- You have a passion for user experience, and you can do everything from user research to working closely with designers to create an amazing experience.
- You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, and other teams around you do their best work.
- You are a natural at project managing your features.
- You have hard data skills like SQL.