Christian Library International, a prison ministry, began in 1996 and now serves 1,300 prisons. CLI exists to lead inmates to a faith based relationship. We do this by providing the Christian word through books, Bibles, Bible studies, CDs, DVDs, letters, and tracts. We connect with inmates by letter and through our three correspondence Bible study programs.
Purpose and Scope of the Role:
- Managing CLI prison programs and related activities. Programs include letters, correspondence Bible studies, prayer warriors, Prayer at the Prison Gate, and volunteer parties and appreciation. The Program Manager will coordinate the activities of CLI volunteers who will interact with inmates through the mail.
- Principal Duties/ Responsibilities are managing, leading, developing, and improving programs to fulfill CLI’s mission of introducing faith. This role directs one full-time staff and over one hundred volunteers.
- Recruit and train on-site and remote volunteers to open mail, complete administrative duties, answer letters, and review Bible studies. Coordinate letters and Bible studies with proper volunteers to answer letters and review lessons. Train all program volunteers to identify testimonies and potential stories for CLI use.
- Problem solver with creative and innovative abilities to update systems and training materials. Organize and monitor all systems to ensure all inmate letters and lessons are answered timely and accurately. Always looking for better ways of doing things. Ability to recruit or hire expertise where needed to get the job done.
- Knowledgeable about websites in order to communicate and connect with potential and current volunteers. Correspond regularly with all program volunteers to make them feel part of a team. Recognize them on their birthday or other special occasions. Train them in all testimonies with our volunteers.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with existing prison chaplains, to encourage them and determine the best way to reach prisoners.
- Build and lead the Program Ministry Team. This is a team made up of chosen program volunteers to help plan and innovate programs. The team will implement special events, such as volunteer party and Prayer at the Prison Gate.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years experience in program management
- Exempt Personnel Type, Full time Compensation - $40k to $50k base salary
- Two weeks paid vacation; Major holidays paid for time off.
- Health plan & Retirement plan