Soft Robotics Inc. is an award-winning venture-backed startup in Bedford, MA focused on unlocking robotic automation for large, meaningful markets and labor-starved industries such as food and beverage, advanced manufacturing and e-commerce. Leveraging patented material science and AI algorithms, Soft Robotics designs and builds automation solutions and soft robotic gripping systems that can grasp and manipulate items with the same dexterity as the human hand.
This high visibility position is an opportunity for an experienced and motivated Regional Sales Manager in the Los Angeles area only please. The successful candidate will leverage an already established market footprint and will develop and implement a sales strategy for the addressable market in the assigned territory.
In addition to, the Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and managing the Distributor Channel in their territory by:
● Partnering with the Channel Sales Manager to identify distributor candidates per the defined profile
● Supporting on boarding activities and periodic training sessions
● Reviewing pipeline activities and monthly results
● Partnering with the Channel Sales Manager to develop and execute individual distributor action plans when needed
● Periodic review of SQL’s and open opportunities with each distributor, updating Marketing on feedback
● Perform Integrator outreach as directed by Sales Leadership
● Schedule and manage Integrator Open House with territory Distributor’s on a monthly basis.
● Utilize CRM (Salesforce) to document pipeline activities
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Minimum 3 yrs of selling experience and working within a quota driven compensation model
● Experience working in a sales organization which utilizes a distributor model
● Must be a results-oriented self-starter and capable of working in a fast-paced, startup environment utilizing a disciplined sales approach (i.e. Sandler Selling System)
● Comfortable with developing and executing prospecting activities
● Ability to comprehend and communicate technical information
● Experience with the use and administration of SalesForce.com or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools to help plan, manage and track the sales process
- Ability to travel up to 60%, ability to work away from the office and be able to function, manage and operate at a distance and across time zones and cultures.