There are three key aspects to the Scrum Master (Team Catalyst) role: the role of Scrum Master in one or more development groups, advancing standard processes used by the Alert project management community, and teaching the broader organization about Agile tools that promote adaptability and flexibility.
We expect a Scrum Master / Team Catalyst to be well versed in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and bring a host of tools to overcome common challenges of applying Agile principles to a multidisciplinary, fast paced and innovative company. The right candidate should have scalable skills that produce predictable project outcomes, budgets, and product performance while the portfolio of projects and number of execution teams is expanding rapidly. They must be able to provide Agile process competence, problem solving tools, and mentoring to help development teams achieve their goals. This position demands a servant leader who genuinely enjoys helping others, and teaching skills to drive continuous improvement.
What Will You Do?
- Facilitate the creation of Alert’s Agile framework and develop a roll out strategy of the Agile process to meet company goals.
- Pragmatically evangelize Agile principles across Engineering and Operations departments.
- Work with IT to deploy and tailor software tools that make us better.
- Fulfill the role of Scrum Master on one of more Scrum Teams.
- Ensure that the Product Backlog is well understood by the entire Scrum Team.
- Run Scrum meetings, create standards to facilitate constructive group dynamics and efficient decision making.
- Mentor the Scrum Team in self-organization and effectiveness.
- Teach and use skills that improve effort estimation, early risk identification and mitigation, resource tracking, and KPIs to drive continuous improvement.
What are We looking for?
- Someone who is excited about Agile and project management in general, and even more excited at the opportunity to work at a company where expertise and passion can influence how projects are executed.
- B.S. degree, preferably technical (or the equivalent in training and experience); 8+ years hands-on experience in complex high-tech or electro-mechanical project management, including resource planning and budgeting.
- 5+ years of experience working in Scrum Teams, at least 2 years as Scrum Master.
- Willingness to learn and grow as well as share knowledge, experience mentoring, leading, and teaching Agile / project management skills.
- Possession of a comprehensive suite of tools applicable to common project challenges.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; able to build effective team relationships and efficiently mediate teams achieve consensus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) or equivalent formal training preferred.
- Expertise in JIRA, some exposure to MS Project.