The Senior Communications Driver Developer will play a critical role in helping us develop communications drivers and control logic for a state-of-the-art Material Control System (MCS) responsible for directing next-generation robots in an inventory management system. As a senior software engineer, you will be part of a talented team of software engineers focused on developing industry-changing solutions.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary, generous benefits and an equity stake in our growing company.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
DRIVER DEVELOPMENT, TEST, AND DOCUMENTATION
● Develop communications drivers in the Java programming language for TCP and UDP socket communications as well as serial / USB connections. Examples include drivers for digital scales, RF tag readers, motor control, sensor I/O, Modbus / safety PLCs, SNMP data acquisition devices, and internal communications of a custom API.
● Work with the electrical, mechanical, systems, and safety teams to document and detail software requirements.
● Develop modular, well documented code.
● Create software acceptance tests.
● Assist with user manuals and software documentation.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
● 10 years of experience with TCP, serial communications driver development.
● 10 years of experience in Java development.
● Familiar with software configuration management, defect tracking, and peer review methodologies.
● Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
● Knowledgeable in material control or warehouse management systems (OHTs, AGVs, RGVs, CTVs).
● Strong JavaEE skills (JDBC, JMS, JTA, JPA, JBoss).
● Experience with Atlassian software management suite (Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence)
● Comfortable working in an agile, collaborative team environment.
● Previous experience with JBoss application server.
● B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area
Alert Innovation is a 2-year-old startup on a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. Having partnered with the world’s largest retailer to develop our revolutionary Alphabot® technology, we have an enormous market opportunity in front of us and are now beginning to scale the company by hiring exceptional people who love their work, strive for excellence, and thrive in a highly collaborative team-oriented culture.