PTG is a young, aggressive, innovative, and fast-growing company serving the biotech and biopharmaceutical fields.
We are seeking a well-spoken, self-motivated individual with demonstrated technical and/or consultative sales experience. Experience in general packaging, heat transfer principles, insulating materials, cold chain and/or thermal solutions a plus.
We are looking for someone who can integrate into a team of professionals who work closely together. Must be able to see their job in the “big picture” of our company’s goals and operations. Flexibility, a relational mindset, strong character, emotional intelligence, hunter mentality, and good communication skills are a must.
· Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in assigned territory
· Identify and qualify leads; work with engineering team, purchasing, marketing, and customer service to develop and deliver proposals; close and maintain new accounts
· Develop and maintain a database of qualified leads through all channels including referrals, networking, cold calls, direct mail / e-mail, conferences, and face-to-face meetings.
· Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within assigned territory
· Sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to meet their business objectives
· Create presentation, proposals, related marketing materials, market analysis
· Customer account development, management, and oversight
· Develop and achieve sales goals, including proposals, revenue and margin goals
· Work with sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values
· Maintain membership in industry organizations as appropriate
- Demonstrated technical sales experience
- Background in packaging, cold chain, and/or biopharmaceutical industry sales preferred
- Strong written, oral communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to grasp engineering and other scientific concepts
- Willingness to travel, and attend industry trade shows and staff exhibits
INDUSTRY: Custom packaging for the Life Science & Biopharmaceutical industry
LOCATION: San Diego, greater San Diego area, California
POSITION TYPE: Full time, Sales Executive
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Office, and Salesforce