We are looking for an ambitious and talented leader to join our team as a Supply Chain Analyst. Reporting to the Director of Operations this position will have a tremendous opportunity to positively influence our product portfolio. The successful candidate will take full ownership of their assigned product category to include vendor selection, contract negotiation, profitability, vendor performance and contract compliance. This role will require the candidate to use strategic skills & experience to collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure the organization meets or exceeds our financial and customer goals.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide analytics support to PTG’s supply chain functions including Inventory Management, Procurement, Transportation, and Warehouse Operations.
- Develop and support reports / access to information to analyze supply chain business operations and processes
- Support team members in framing operational problems/opportunities to information analysis
- Be a reliable source in providing data to be used in analytical endorsements of Supply Chain initiatives that positively impact our bottom line and the customer experience
- Develop an understanding and knowledge of complex system requirements; capability to offer innovative ideas, approaches and solutions
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge in supply chain operations, methods & procedures
- Strong analytic skills, data mining and quantitative techniques
- Sound capability of developing data-driven solution recommendations
- Ability to access, analyze and interpret data for use in decision-making; metric & analysis driven
- Familiar with business intelligence reporting applications (Tableau, Power BI) and excellent analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks
- Presentations skills / experience a plus
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Information Technology or a related field
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain, logistics, distribution services or related field
- Industry experience a big plus, but not required.