Revantage is The BlackStone Group’s global professional shared services company. Blackstone has assets of ~150b AUM with a high-profile real estate portfolio arm. This role will report into Revantage and deliver top-shelf support services to all of Blackstone’s real estate companies.
Job Details (include but not limited to)
- Report to Tax Director
- Prepares/reviews federal, state and local tax returns for Blackstone’s partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations and real estate investment (REIT) returns on a timely basis.
- Prepares/reviews federal tax returns and various state returns including franchise tax returns and annual reports.
- Prepares/reviews tax and PTP projections for Blackstone on a quarterly or as needed basis.
- Corresponds with federal and state taxing agencies in connection with penalty notices and filing inquiries as needed.
- Reviews corporate and partnership legal documents and correspondence as needed to ensure correct preparation of tax returns.
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of 1099s to the vendors and the IRS. Coordinates gathering of information with other departments to ensure timely filing.
- Identifies tax issues and assists in research and resolution of issues concerning particular tax returns.
- Prepares/reviews REIT checklist to ensure compliance with the REIT rules.
Our ideal candidate will be a Self-Starting collaborative team player, with effective communication skills, strong work ethic, pays attention to details and is highly resourceful with quantitative proclivities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, advanced degree in tax and CPA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a public accounting tax department or equivalent required.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of corporate and partnership federal and state taxation.
- Experience with FAS2000 a plus.
Competitive salary plus bonus plus a full suite of benefits and office perks.