Join M.D. Stetson in our mission to expand our leading independently owned and operated cleaning and building maintenance supplies distributor headquartered in Massachusetts. For over 86 years, we have provided cleaning supplies, equipment, paper products and vendor management programs, delivered where and when you need it throughout New England.
We enjoy a generous benefits package, a casual working environment, and opportunities for career growth. M.D. Stetson is conveniently located in Randolph, MA
In this Territory Manager role, you will be part of a dynamic sales team and will be responsible for reaching out to businesses, educational establishments and cleaning contractors to establish new business relationships. The two main responsibilities of this role are new customer acquisition, and utilizing a consultative sales approach to solve current customers’ needs with new product lines.
· Manages an assigned territory of current customers by reviewing the status of their sales and ensuring growth within the group.
· Communicates with inside Customer Service reps to keep aware of the relationship status of all their customers.
· Build a pipeline of potential customers to support budgeted quota.
· Diligently use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database for sales processing; capturing relevant data, maintaining comprehensive and accurate notes.
· Maintains intelligence on competition, understand competitors' strengths and weaknesses, and effectively articulate M.D. Stetson’s competitive advantage.
Skills, Knowledge and Characteristics
· Financially motivated, Detail orientation, and solid business acumen
· Works effectively as part of a team, exerts positive influence, and supports company mission
· Maintains positive outlook, professionalism and technical and product knowledge
· Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, margins, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· 5-10+ years selling facilities management products & solutions
· Successful track record exceeding 100% of quota
· Consultative sales and needs analysis
· Adept at building and tracking pipeline of prospects
· Using time management skills for prospecting new business and administrative duties
· Functioning successfully in deadline oriented high activity work environment
· This position requires local travel 90% of the time in the field visiting customers and prospects.