We are in search of a customer-centric UX/UI Designer to join our Member Experience team and help launch our in-house UX discipline. We are looking for someone with a balance of research and design skills who will create end-to-end experiences that meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our members. You will not only execute on requests, but you will also have the opportunity to initiate projects based on your own research and deep understanding of what our members want. You are a detailed thinker who shows a clear understanding of design problems from business, user, and technical perspectives. Someone who cares deeply about delivering high-quality user experiences that are easy to understand, efficient, and representative of the ButcherBox brand. You are also fundamentally curious about the way things work, both in the digital and physical world. You realize the value of process and best practices, but are open to exploring new ways of communicating concepts and information.
● Facilitate the ButcherBox product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences
● Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
● Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
● Take a mobile-first design approach while considering a wide range of devices and screen sizes and ultimately creating fully responsive experiences
● Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
● Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
● Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
● Ability to plan and manage design work for multiple projects at one time
● Collaborate with creative team to translate their vision for the ButcherBox brand into seamless experiences - both digital and in some cases physical - for our members
● Partner with marketing and analytics to constantly test and improve designs as they are rolled out
● 3+ years of experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer, or similar role
● Strong portfolio of design projects
● Solid experience in creating wireframes, journey maps, user flows, and site maps
● Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
● Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
● Experience designing and conducting qualitative research studies
● Excellent communication skills and ability to present your designs and sell your solutions
When applying please attach/share any portfolio information. thank you